Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noisy Sound

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iceash

iceash

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:55 AM

Okay i bought and installed a new Tv-tuner card.. including all of it's drivers/softwares. But now i hear lots of noise from speakers when playing *ANY* audio. I cant play mp3s or anything. And sometimes there is no sound coming at all. I removed the card. And removed the software.. But nothing. I followed the guide from http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/How_to_i...ows_XP_2000.htm to reinstall default codecs. No luck. I am sure it's not my speakers. Because i have tested it with tv and it works fine. I'm pretty much sure tv-tuner software/drivers have corrupted this anyhow. What do i do? And please dont tell me to reinstall XP. Help will be appreciated.

Edited by iceash, 27 November 2006 - 07:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:53 AM

Are there any other electrical devices near the speakers or the CPU? Such as a phone, hot plate, etc? If so, try moving them away.

Also, try moving all the wires associated with your TV card, speakers, and network connections - does this affect the sound quality?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:55 AM

I did what you said. Moved the wires.. telephone. I have still noises. And sometimes it occurs on boot up also. So it seems like that tv card screwed my onboard sound? OR it could be anything else? I have even resetted my bios.

Edited by iceash, 28 November 2006 - 02:58 AM.

#4 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:13 AM

OMG! Please HELP! I cant hear anything now.. When i try to play songs using winamp. IT would not. and sometimes it would crash. Pc also beeps randomly.. like when it does when you turn on. :S Wth is wrong.. Wonder what a single TV CARD could do!

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

Is there any pattern to the beeps, i.e. one long two short, etc?

#6 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

No pattern. And it doesnt happen anymore. But i am not able hear anything. Winamp would crash.. And vlc takes time and plays audio bar but i cant hear anything! :thumbsup:. I have tried removing audio drivers from device manager and reinstalled it. But no luck :flowers:

Edited by iceash, 30 November 2006 - 02:42 PM.

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

Make sure you connected all the wires properly.

If you are experiencing a "Hum" you probably have the ground connected backwards.

Get the latest drivers for all devices.

#8 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

Updated the drivers. It has on-board sound, chip manufacturer: ESS Technology, Device:ES1988/9 Allegro-1 Audiodrive.

But still it no longer has any sound.

What do i do now? I cant use my computer without sound!! :thumbsup:

Edited by iceash, 30 November 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#9 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

Well i removed the lan card and installed it again. Now the sound plays, but then stops suddenly. or gets distorted. :S

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

Just to check - you do not get any sounds at all (including Windows sounds)?
Don't panic - the worst thing that can happen is that you will have to get a pci sound card and you can get one fairly cheaply if you have to.

Have you checked the speakers using a different computer (or by plugging them into a cd player or radio)?
Make sure the power transformer for the speakers is plugged in too.

If the speakers check ok:

First, delete your lan card again, put your pci lan card in a different slot, reboot and install it.
The lan card should not have affected the sound, but since it did try a different pci slot which will change resources and settings for it and eliminate a conflict if one exists.

If that doesn't fix the problem:

Open your device manager
(in the control panel click on System, then the hardware tab, then the device manager button)

See if your ESS Technology, Device:ES1988/9 Allegro-1 Audiodriv has a yellow or red icon. (it will be in sound, video and game controllers)

Even if it doesn't double click on it .

Try the troubleshooter (even if it says the device is working properly)

If that still is not successful go to your computer manufacturer's support site and download the latest driver for your sound adapter (or get it from the motherboard manufacturer or wherever). Save it where you will be able to find it.

Delete the sound adapter in the device manager.

Reboot and let Windows find it and install it using the driver you saved for it.

Are there any yellow or red icons anywhere else in the device manager?

Edited by Enthusiast, 01 December 2006 - 12:29 AM.

#11 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

-Double Posting- Sorry.

Edited by iceash, 01 December 2006 - 10:26 AM.

#12 iceash

iceash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

I bought the new card to test. And it works but sound sucks.

Anyway here are my bios settings. http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5355/pic0007ky2.jpg

Do you think anything is conflicting with onboard sound? I cant change irq to disable. It just switches to numbers 3,5,11..

AND There are no exclamation marks on device manager.

Device Manager image - http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4993/untitledmsu4.jpg

Edited by iceash, 01 December 2006 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users