Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Another Infected Computer.... Lol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 akayshabloom

akayshabloom

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:47 AM

I've found alot of help here before as a guest. Thought I might register to make myself "legal". Seem to have a bad case of SilverCodec this time... so will be searching the forums for advise.
Not a computer guru.. but I can get around pretty good for a girl.
Hugs to all those that are smarter than I am.... hoping to grab hold of a helping hand and find my way out of this murky malware mess.

akayshabloom
Tina

Don't Forget to Breathe...
It is the beginning of life.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:22 AM

Hello, akayshabloom.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

If you don't find the precise information you need, don't hesitate to post in the "Am I Infected?" forum now that you are a member.
Thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 akayshabloom

akayshabloom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:38 AM

Thank you both... I appreciate the welcome. I've been impressed with the member numbers. Both of you are in the 300's and ohhh myy I am 97,958. Each time I needed help in the past I have found answers on your site.

I am following your "Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log" hoping it will take my problems away... If it doesn't the next post is to the "Am I Infected" Forum as suggested.

Thanks again for the knowledge you share.
akayshabloom
Tina

Don't Forget to Breathe...
It is the beginning of life.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

If you post a HJT log, following the instructions in the Preparation Guide, then wait until a team member has had time to review the log and help you before you post about the problem in the Infected forum. A second posting now about the same problem might duplicate effort, certainly confuse everyone, and invalidate the data in the HJT log.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users