Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lines Through Monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dallassuzy

dallassuzy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:24 AM

Hi, before I explain my problem, I want to thank you for helping and reading.

Ok, I am a broke college student and I emphasis the word broke.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop that has been refurbished... therefore my warranty was only 2 months and its past the date. I had this 1 line through the middle of my computer but now it has recently turned into 3.

I'm not horrible at maintaining my laptop but I have accidently dropped it by a foot once and I keep it on my bed and desk. However, I really don't think that's the problem.

Here's a picture below:
Posted Image

Well crap, the picture doesn't show the lines. But there are two cyan (light blue ones) and 1 red one. They seem to be dotted (pixelated) but from afar look solid.

Please please write back here at what the problem is or email me back at xxxxxxxxxxxxx If I have to replace something, I could use suggestions on who to contact or what to get. I live in Dallas, TX.

Thanks, Suzy.

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you might want. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 27 November 2006 - 06:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:15 PM

First of all welcome at BC. Letīs see if we can help you. YOU can do the following :

Update your videocard drivers

But I am afraid there is a crack in your screen which causes the lines.

When it dropped where did it fell on ?

#3 dallassuzy

dallassuzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

No. 1: Don't remember when or where I dropped it. It was a while back and No 2: How do you update your drivers?

Suzy

#4 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

Yes, These lines are caused by a small crack in the screen the crack makes the colors run out of sink so unless your going to go to a professional computer store to get it fixed then you I am afraid are stuck with the lines. But 1 last thing was the orignal 1 line there before you dropped it?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users