Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Is Better Wrt54g Or Wrt54gl

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew.S

Andrew.S

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:20 PM

Which is Better WRT54G or WRT54GL

I will being using it for gaming, have 2 laptops and 1 desktop connected to the router. What version should i buy?

Please give me the Best one you think i can get and the version i should get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:45 AM

I would say not much. From what I can tell the only differance is that the GL supports TKIP which is a more secure setup than say wep. To be honest I would not worry about this and use MAC address filtering anyway. For your gaming needs there is not much differance and will do the same thing. It is mainly the added security for stopping others from accessing your wireless network.
Posted Image

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:47 AM

O yeah I forgot to mention. It is best not to repost threads if you have one already open about the same question.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users