Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

360 Share Pro. How Do I Get Rid?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 donnacarteruk

donnacarteruk

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

I installed 360 share pro some time ago to try and get a file, but it never really worked so I decided to get rid of it.
I have uninstalled it from the add/remove programmes list, but every time I turn on my computer, or log on, I still get a 360 share pro pop up type screen. It goes away again and my computer carries on as normal. It is highly annoying and I have no clue how to get rid of it totally. Also, my computer has been running slower and slower just lately. It's less than a year old.

I have tried to follow your help section to getting a HighjackThis log, but got stuck on the Ad-aware SE bit. I can't seem to download the programme and just keep getting a zip file with text documents in it.

Could someone please please help me sort this out? am getting very uptight and needing a large glass fo wine now before I chuck the bloomin laptop out of the window!! :thumbsup:

Thanks in anticiaption!!!

Donna

Edited by donnacarteruk, 26 November 2006 - 06:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hello donnacarteruk, First let me say 'welcome to bleepingcomputer' Next I can only help you with the large glass of wine. I hope a Malbec is OK , :thumbsup: .
Try this link

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06

Also are you running XP
Just curious did you download 'Linewire' not 'Limewire' as I've heard of some scam with this.

If for some reason you still can't get Adaware to work try these before posting the log, but you still will need to post it. Remember to download and update and then run the scans in safe mode. How to start Windows in Safe Mode

AVG Antispyware 7.5
Print these instructions first ..Iinstructions

SUPERAntispyware, free version Home User
Now follow the preparation to post a hijack log..
Let us know ....
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users