Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help Please....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Annette1964

Annette1964

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Hi there,

I am new to this site so I am hoping I can get some help to my problem... I am running pc-cillan 2007 interent security, 2 nights ago I was logged into messinger live and had a message from a friend with some links... I was bad and clicked it... so stupid of me and allowed it. immediately after I did this 2 new icons appeared on my desktop one called winstall and the other called Usetup... then I started to get glitchy messages from my messinger... and this site keeps opening up automatically.... I go into my processes see it in use the winstall .. and I end it, but it always comes back on its own. I ran 4 scans nothing has shown up and I even went outside to micro trend to run a scan from there but its not catching it so what do I do now? it seems this thing got worse as I used my messinger so I deleted the old one put in a new one and seems to be better but its still there, how do I get rid of this nasty bug? should I uninstall my interent security and reinstall it to catch it? any helped welcomed.. I was a bad girl and got click happy :thumbsup: hope to hear from anyone soon.

Thankyou
Annette :flowers:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 26 November 2006 - 04:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HackSign

HackSign

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:30 PM

Heh, we have the same problem xD It must be spreading quickly.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hello folks and welcome to BC.
This is part of avirus called spysheriff
Please see this BC tutorial
How to remove the Spysheriff
As always if you've got a question ....ask
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users