Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Accounts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spoons

spoons

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

i was trying to change settings on my modem and now i cant open any other user accounts, when i go to user accounts in the control panel it says i cant change the user account log on to easy mode because i'm in a network but i've only got this one computer, i think i need to stop the network thing but i dont know how any help would be mucho appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

Can you access any account with Administrator privileges (even in Safe Mode)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:23 PM

i was trying to change settings on my modem and now i cant open any other user accounts, when i go to user accounts in the control panel it says i cant change the user account log on to easy mode because i'm in a network but i've only got this one computer, i think i need to stop the network thing but i dont know how any help would be mucho appreciated :thumbsup:

I'm not following your problem. Can you please post the error message word for word. Post it exactly as you see it.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

same as above can't really see what the issue is here. Any error messages will be nice maybe some screen shots of what it is trying to stop you from doing.
Posted Image

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:36 PM

What settings are you talking about?
The number the modem dials to access a dial-up Internet Service Provider? (You don't change settings in the modem for that)

Tell us what you accessed to change the settings you changed.

By the way, if you recently did this (within the last 3 weeks), you might try Windows System Restore to reset your computer's system state back to a working condition. According to Microsoft, this will not affect data.

To use System Restore
click start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Choose a restore point date from before you changed the settings (or from before whatever problem began that caused you to try to fix whatever settings you changed).

Follow the instructions on-screen choosing "Restore My Computer".

#6 spoons

spoons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:28 PM

oh yeah nice one mate how stupid am i? i should have thought about that cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users