Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7 All Toolbars Missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kandimann7

kandimann7

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

Okay here goes. I'm running Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 but when I double click the desktop icon, which has now gone missing by the way, or single click the Quick Launch toolbar IE7 icon, a 'pop up' type window opens i.e. no toolbars at all and it's the type of window that adverts pop up in, therefore depressing the ALT key is pointless.

If I continue clicking the IE7 icon a number of times more 'pop up' type windows open but eventually, around the 4th or 5th time, a proper window opens with all the tool bars but then I have to close the four or five 'pop up' windows that opened previously. Those pop up windows do open displaying my selected homepage but of course I can't do a thing because there are no toolbars.

I have tried deleting the ITBar7Layout value found at HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser as suggested in the Internet Explorer Web Development MSDN forum but it does not solve the problem.

It is driving me nuts so I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hi kandimann7,
Try pressing the F11 key.
If nothing happens,try running this little program:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/ToolbarRepair.Exe
This little application should repair the registry entries that may have become fouled up.

You can also:
Run the Windows Live Onecare Free Scan.
Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan (using Windows Explorer only)
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm
Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" on the right side

Edited by TMacK, 26 November 2006 - 04:30 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users