Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Anti-spyware And Norton Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Annika

Annika

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hello!

My computer has been infected with diffrent spyware or malware. Very good help is given by SifuMike.
I have though a question:

Why don't Norton find the virus when AVG Anti-Spyware find a lot?

//Annika

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

Are you talking about viruses or spyware-adware ? I started out using Norton Systemworks for my PC protection. I switched to AVG and when installing the AVG it found some stuff that NS didn't find. I used AVG for a while and decided to switch back to Norton. When I installed NS it found stuff AVG didn't find. The next year I switched to PC-cillin and when I installed it, same thing, it found stuff the NS didn't find. I recently went to Norton Internet Securities 2007 and it did the same, finding stuff the previous program didn't find. Why? I don't know, maybe someone else can tell you.
I use Webroots' Spysweeper and recenlty downloaded AVG's spyware program(it's free and they give a 30 day full version for free). I disabled the Spysweeper and used the AVG's. It found stuff, no real malware but cookies. I disabled the AVG and enabled Spysweeper and it found some that the AVG didn't. Kind of crazy, eh?
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users