Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Logic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

Hi, I've just installed Partition Logic to my laptop and I wish to do a HDD partition. (i never tried doing partition before, so i'm clueless all abt it)
When I 1st download it, it was a winrar zip file.
I then unzip it and got another zip file instead, which I also unzip.
Then I got some folders and files as listed in this screen shot here:
Posted Image

I've tried going to the Partition Logic site, but I can't find the iso icon it explained, using my nero 5. My iso icon is just a zip file, so now I got no idea how to burn the image.

Pls help.....

I appreciate if there's another type of HDD partitiion program which is easier to use. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!
Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

I have not used Partiton Logic,but listed in BC's Freeware Replacements For Common Applications is a similar program called Ranish Partition Manager.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

I haven't used Partition Logic either (a lot of help we are, huh?), but have used the Ranish. It was a disaster for me and I gave up on it.

I have Acronis Disk Director which I use on my drives - but it's payware so it may not interest you.

Download this free burner program (doesn't even require installation): http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html

Put a CD in your CD writer, then open the program and select "ISO CD/DVD" and follow the prompts to burn the .iso to a CD. This'll result in a bootable CD. You can boot to this CD when you start your system - and presumably it will start the Partition Logic program.

Edited by usasma, 26 November 2006 - 08:53 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Verons88

Verons88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

I haven't used Partition Logic either (a lot of help we are, huh?), but have used the Ranish. It was a disaster for me and I gave up on it.

.......If it was a disaster for an expert like u, usasmas, Then it will be harder for me to understand the program...

Meantime I'm still looking forward for replies for a Easy To Use Partition program. :thumbsup:
Pls advice.... thank u very much...
Veronica Yeoh

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:28 AM

Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director are good and easy to understand (and each will put a dent in your pocketbook). I prefer Acronis Disk Director myself.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users