Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shuts Down Randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shortied

shortied

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

Windows 2000 Pro
Okay so my computer shuts down when to much is being processed at once. Usually it is only when I have the Sims2 on but sometimes that isnt just the case. I bought memory recently bought a brand new power supply cleaned out the whole case and ran every virus, spyware programs I have (yeah i know it isnt one of those two issues but who knows) I have read another forum on it and a user had said to go into my computer/manage and system or something so i sorta did the same and well i have a LOT of errors that may not be the case but I have tried almost a number of things to fix it. I am not computer illiterate but i only know so much and I seriously am running out of options and I am so incredibly over my head with it I just want to throw it out the window and take a bat to it. So someone, anyone PLEASE I am begging for help. :thumbsup: <- That is how I feel with this machine

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Maybe i'll send some cookies or something.

FYI: This computer was built with my own two hands and a few other computer geniuses I used to know.

I am also not great with posts so if I put this is the wrong area or I made an extra and wasn't supposed to I apologize.

Edited by shortied, 25 November 2006 - 07:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

Hi shortied,

Look up at the top left of this page, see that little blue '?' that says --> Do you have popups or other malware infecting your computer? If so, Start Here!

Click on that link, and do everything that it tells you to do. That's where the pros will help you out Boo.

♥ Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users