Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield 2 (v1.41?) Crash.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure if it's a new issue with the new patch since I haven't played the game since August (Many games don't work on the internet connection at the college campus), but I have gotten this crash many times over the past few days when I've been playing Battlefield 2 and I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem and/or knows a possible solution. I've tried checking the support and a quick google search but I didn't find anything.

What happens (and it happens quite a bit) is I'll be playing like normal and I'll see a kit off a recently killed enemy/friendly on the ground and I'll pick up the kit. The game suddenly crashes to desktop without any error messages or anything.

I guess I can try to download/install the patch again to see if that fixes it, but this is really annoying.

I doubt it would be my specs because they're pretty decent.

Athlon 4000+
2 gigs DDR ram
7800 gt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:05 PM

Ugh...BF2 crashes...no suprise there :thumbsup: ! I have BF2 also, and have had a few cases where it has crashes for no reason. Crashing when picking up kits is news to me though!

I fixed my last "crash issue" (which happened everytime I joined an online game) by downloading the full patch (huge file to download, but if fixed everything though!). It's the patch that's good for whatever version/patch you have now up to the current patch. I'd download it and give it a try. I've had problems with their "Upgrade" patches (like version 1.3 to version 1.4 for example, but the numbers may be wrong). Their full patches I've had to use to fix issues.

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

No, I have the full 1.41 patch.

I haven't noticed a crash after I tried this, but I didn't play it for an extremely extensive amount of time. Something similar I believe can help with other crashes. I stumbled on a forum where somebody was getting crashes (not the same crash as me) and a person suggested deleting the items in the dmp folder in My documents>Battlefield 2>dmp where Battlefield 2 creates information of the users, servers, ect.

At one point in the past, I did delete the entire folder, which sucks because you have to reinput all the controls, which is a horror show of its own. However, it did help the crashing problem.

Like I said, after deleting the items in that dmp folder, I haven't noticed a crash yet when playing. Unfortunately, I'm back in the dorms again and I'd have to wait 3 weeks till the end of the semester and I can lug my PC home again and play BF2 a lot more (though I could try to test on the family PC at home on the weekends instead).

So, maybe for future references, if there are random crash problems, try deleting the items in the dmp folder or just deleting the entire Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

I've never heard of that fix before. That's very odd. Is it all working fine and dandy right now? I haven't played that game in a few weeks, although I do enjoy it when I'm on a good squad, or if I'm the commander and we're winning! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users