Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homepage In Internet Explorer Homepage Locked On Www. 007guard .com And Am Unable To Change It.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boardriderPNE

boardriderPNE

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

Hi guys,
grateful for any assistance here.
We have a pc, running win Xp home, and IE 6. Every time I try to open Internet explorer, the home page on screen, and in options, goes to www .007guard .com, then kind of gets in a loop. Therefore not allowing me to browse the web.
thanks B

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:41 PM

Do you have access to another computer so you can download programs to help fix this?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 boardriderPNE

boardriderPNE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

I do mate yes, any ideas??

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

Download and burn to a CD SpywareBlaster. This should help you to block bad sites. SpywareBlaster tutorial.

Also burn to the CD HijackThis. Read and follow the directions regarding HijackThis here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis. By posting a HijackThis log there the experts here can help you clean the PC of malware.

More recommended programs that can be burned to the CD;

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06

AdAware SE tutorial

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

SpyBot S&D tutorial

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Add 127.0.0.1 http://www.007guard.com/ to the hosts file. The Hosts File and what it can do for you or install the MVPS Host File.

---------------------------------------------------------------

These will be a start to get you cleaned up.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#5 boardriderPNE

boardriderPNE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hi guys,
following tips from " The Terrorist " in a previous request for assistance, unfortunately, the problem persists.
I've d/l IE 7 on another computer, and 007guard comes up as a restricted website right from install. My other computer though, is still caught up in this continual search to log on to 007guard .com, and as such, preventing IE 6 from loading up.

I've got the programs recommended in the last plea for help, but the problem still remains.

Maybe if I could D/L IE 7 onto a memory stick or portable device, might this fix the problem?

Or is the available D/L of IE 7 for upgrade purposes only?

Once again, all help graciously recieved.

Regards Boardrider

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

Downloading and installing IE7 will not solve the problem. It would be better to make sure your computer is completely infection free before installing it.

To clarify the directions you were given earlier:

1: Follow the directions in this guide.

2: Post your HJT log as a new topic in this forum, not here.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. Do not bump your log as the team may conclude that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to this topic and paste in the link to your topic.

After posting your log, do not make any further changes to your computer such as attempted fixes, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this may make it more difficult for them to help you.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users