Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions. Whilst completing the fix please use the Internet as little as posssible. Do not install any programs whilst we fix your computer - even the smallest of programs can wreak havoc.SmitFraudFix:
Please download SmitfraudFix
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix
) to your Desktop.
Open the SmitfraudFix
folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search
by typing 1
and press "Enter
"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Note
: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htmUninstall List:
1. Open Hijackthis and select: Open the Misc Tools section.
2. Then choose: Open Uninstall Manager and click Save List.
3. Save the list to your computer.
4. Then copy the contents of the list back to this thread in your next reply.Download Hijackthis:
1. Please go here and download Hijackthis
2. Unzip Hijackthis into its own folder (e.g. C:\HJT\Hijackthis.exe
3. Open Hijackthis and select:Do a system scan and save a logfile
4. Let Hijackthis run its course
5. Then once notepad pops up with your logfile, copy/paste it back into this thread.