Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hideing Taskbar Icons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:46 AM

This will show you how to hide icons in the taskbar

1.Right Click on Start button
2.Select Properties
3.Find and Select the Taskbar (Top left hand cornor)
4.Click the custimize button in the bottom right hand cornor
5.The Left hand Bar contains all items Current/Past
6.The Right Hand Bar contains the status of each item
7.Click on the status to change it.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:03 AM

I'm in customize notifications, which until reading your post I didn't know I even had. I noticed a long list of past items. How do I remove the past items. They are very old ones that I no longer need or want.

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hi Layback Bear, :thumbsup: to BC

There are couple of ways to clear your past items from the notification area. The easiest way to do so is to download the Taskbar Repair Tool from Kelly's Korner and use it to clear them for you. I have used this program for a couple of years and have had no problems with it so it is safe to use. This program has a free version with some limited options and a pay version but the free version does what you want to do and more and never expires.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

Another way is also at Kelly's Korner and this involves downloading a regedit file which will clear the past items area when you click on the file and allow it to run. The regedit file you want to use is number 53 on the left.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

The third way is to manually edit your registry yourself. Unless you are comfortable working with your registry I recommend you use one of the other two options above because if you make a mistake you can destroy your operating system and be faced with possible data loss and a reformat of your computer.

To manually edit your registry follow the instructions in this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283084

Warning: mess with your registry at your own risk. Backup your registry before you attempt any changes to it.

Edited by Ronbo, 11 January 2007 - 12:09 AM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

Thank you Ronbo it worked just fine. I though my question got lost. I recieved no email. THANKS again

Edited by Layback Bear, 14 January 2007 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users