Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

F.e.a.r

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurleq

kurleq

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

Every time i attmpt to install F.E.A.R "useing orignal disk" , about half way through it gives me a error message saying

Install error
E:\data3.cab
incorrect function

then i click "ok" and the install shuts down

Only thing i could think of is that the disk is kinda scratced, but any sugestions from yall would be appreciated. also maybe a cd crack i could use insted lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

are you sure you have the origal disk, does it have the fear logo and stuff on the CD or is it a cd you got from a friens with nothing but the game on it becuase maybe it was stolen. and also , for the crack,

Although this is a circumvention of software laws, used to download full versions of programs and run them without the real disks, they have a legal use; one can use a No-CD crack to avoid the inconvenience of placing a CD-ROM into their computer every time they wish to use the software.

taken from wikipedia, as you can see, this is illegal to use a crack, and i am sure that it is against forum rules to help you with finding illegal software.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users