Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram-mobo Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

a part of my mobo specs say:
Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets.

as for my RAM, its JEDEC tested but at 1.9V and it has a timing of 4-4-4-12.

also, my mobo supports DDR2 800 but my RAM is DDR2 675

should i be worrying much about these?

Edited by Slayer6571, 24 November 2006 - 07:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

You motherboard most likely supports DDR2-553, DDR2-667 and DDR2-800. As long as the memory works, it is nothing to worry about.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

Motherboard designers strive to build "backwards compatibility" into their designs. But they may not be able to test all combinations or guarantee their stability.

This doesn't mean that it won't work with the product - but it does mean that you're SOL (Sh*t Outta Luck) if you ever need support/service from them.

That being said - what really counts here is "Does your system work with it?" If it's running without any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Just for peace of mind, try running this free memory tester: http://www.memtest86.com/ Follow the directions exactly and let it run for at least 2 - 3 hours (overnight is better).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users