Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Sign Into Windows Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hiya

Can any body help im having trouble signing in to windows live messenger when i atempt to sign it it gives me an error code (80072745) i know that this is somthing to do with a firewall or proxy settings.

Does anybody know how to sort this problem any help or advice will be greatly appriciated.

I have norton anti-virus 2005 and i am connecting to the internet through a wireless router (D-Link G604T)

Thanks in advance
Dan - If its not broken dont fix it

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

* The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock and verify that the time and date are set correctly.

* If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the correct case (uppercase or lowercase).

* Change your password at Sign In to something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.

* Even though you disabled your firewall, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).

* Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files and when that's completed click the Delete Cookies button.

* Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSl 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0 is checked. then click OK.

* Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
and do the same for the following:
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
Posted Image

#3 Daniel3679

Daniel3679
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Siggyman

I have done what you suggested so i guess time will tell i am signed on at the moment will let you know if the problem persists.

Thanks
Dan - If its not broken dont fix it

Posted Image

#4 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:03 PM

Your Welcome, and any time
Posted Image