Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:05 PM
* The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock and verify that the time and date are set correctly.
* If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
* Change your password at Sign In to something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
* Even though you disabled your firewall, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
* Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files and when that's completed click the Delete Cookies button.
* Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSl 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0 is checked. then click OK.
* Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
then click OK
and do the same for the following: