Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro & Loads Of Ie V7 Issues!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron94611

Ron94611

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Hi everyone,

My name's Ron and I live in the SF East Bay in Piedmont area of Oakland. I was originally a programmer, but most of those jobs have moved to India so I'm trying to enjoy the last years of my employment at a large corp here in the area doing analysis/design/project mgt (all of which are NOWHERE near as fulfilling as web development). On the side, I support website develpment.

Anyway, while on line and being harried to get some changes to a website page, I was alerted that there was an important update from Microsoft and I just clicked OK, figuring is was something to tighten up security or what-have-ya. I didn't notice that it was an update to IE v7!

What a mistake that was!! I'm now unable to click on links to automatically open up IE. I've found a couple of crude ways to get v7 to work, but most are way too manual. At first I was getting message that the links needed to be associated to a program as though they were documents with bad extensions...

At this point, I'd love to back out, but, of course, there is no help from MS without paying for someone to get me out of the problems they got me into.

Anyone else having browsing issues v7?

Appreciate any help, including how I might back out of v7 and get back to v6 which worked WAY more intuitively (at least for me).

Thanks!!

Ron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

Hi Ron94611

A very warm welcome to Bleeping Computer. Enjoy.

I see you found the right forum for your question. Good luck.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

I happen to LIKE project management, but there is no accounting for tastes.
I believe there is a way to revert to IE6, or you can simply switch to Firefox.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 26 November 2006 - 09:55 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:52 AM

Internet Explorer 7 should be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Add Remove Programs in your control panel.

It should uninstall without any issues.

I agree with jgweed about Firefox. Use it.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users