Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Reboots During Games And Virus Scans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whodey319

whodey319

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

anytime i play a game or try to run my virus scan the computer shuts off and i set it to bring up the bsod but it just shuts totally off. All other programs work just fine

Ive checked RAM, video card and power supply and none of these are the issue. I tried running an AVG virus scan and computer restarts and i tried doing online scans and they cause it to reboot also.

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

Have you tried running your AVG in Safe Mode?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 whodey319

whodey319
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

Have you tried running your AVG in Safe Mode?
Regards,
John

thats the other issue i have, i cant get the computer to restart into safe mode. I hit f8 non stop and it still wont go to the right screen it just starts up automatically

#4 seabhach

seabhach

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

You know I was having a problem like that once before, you might want to get another heatsink for your computer, the one your using apparently isn't doing the job, that of course should be your last resort, see if it's a virus or anything, unless it's a dell, if it's a dell, then just replace the heatsink for the fun of it, because dell components are terrible 80% of the time, from my experience.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

Just as an aside, the heat alarm for my processor was going off today (after a long while with no cleaning). I took a can of compressed air and blew the heatsink out. Temps dropped over 10 C!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users