Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 g_style

g_style

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

Hey this really doesnt deal with xp but it has xp on it lol.

What is happening about 85% when i turn on the Dell Optiplex GX 260 (P4 1.8, 256MB, 40GB), it will start the post and then fails within about 1-2secs and will reboot. The Diag LEDs are telling me that is it a memory error, but i have changed the ram and cpu for verifcation, but still the same thing. Will a power supply be a posible cuase of this? Or is my mobo F***ED? Anywho hope some one can help and give me some ideas.

Thx

G-STYLE :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86

Btw, where is Sydney, NS?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 g_style

g_style
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:51 AM

thx for the reply i have a new mobo now and its working fine.

Sydney , Nova Scoita, Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users