Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Europe Holydays

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 martahan

martahan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

Hallo everybody
I am going to go to Italy, but i have no idea which part of of Italy to start with
Can you advise me something ?
Has anybody been to that country? what are your impression?
Lots of thanks

Moderator edit - Moved to more appropriate forum.

Edited by D-Trojanator, 23 November 2006 - 07:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Depends what you are looking for. Italy is a country with differfent landscapes and certainly different people. Also do you ant to go in the summertime??

#3 drivingmecrazy

drivingmecrazy

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

Hi there,

If you get the opportunity go to Sicily, it has wonderful landscapes, beaches, excellent but cheap food and friendly people. There is the most amazing architecture/history - Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Art Nouveau & Deco - there's one valley where there are five standing temples. There's also Mount Etna.

Surrounding Sicily are numerous small islands where it is like stepping back in time to a much slower and easier pace of life.

On mainland Italy, Rome and Venice are must sees but probably only for a couple of days. The north of Italy tends to be more industrial and has a different culture from the South. The major cities are, like everywhere, more expensive than elsewhere.

Everywhere you go in Italy you will encounter good food and exceptionally friendly people. I hope you have a brilliant time!

#4 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

Hay there
It has been about 26 or so years since I was there but Rome was kinda cool(3 day tour) ,saw the Catacombs ,the Coliseum, St. Peters (went to the top of the thing , a long winding stair case but still pretty cool) saw the Pope's house part of it (not his quarters though) and the "whole Vatican tour". went to Pompei and Mt Vesuvius also ,you can or was able to the ,take a ski lift to the top and look into the Volcano and see steam venting alittle :thumbsup: . I'd stay away from Naples unless they've cleaned up alot (the bay was used a a open sewer for the whole town, with the smell to go with it). I've heard the northern parts are much nicer but never made it up there.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users