Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebay Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

I never had any issues with Ebay in terms of selling until now. I can't continue on the sell option because I am unable to select a category so I'm stuck at there. I always clear my cookies and cache so there shouldn't be an problem but apparently now there is. Ebay suggested that it could be my browser but it shouldn't be because I have always been using the same browser which is IE6 but I also tried on another PC using IE7 but still the same issue.

Any one know what's wrong?
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

What firewall do you use?

Do you have any privacy protection software? If so, which ones?

Do you have any ad-blocking software, if so which ones?

Do you have any script-blocking software, if so which ones?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:07 AM

I use Macafee on one system but it always worked before and I also use ZoneAlarm on another system which always worked before too. The thing is, I haven't changed any settings because they have always worked, just not recently. They suggested enabling Java but it is. I enabled ebay so it shouldn't be blocked.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

I don't think it's java that you need to allow, but java scripts. In ZoneAlarm, you also have to permit Web-bugs. You might have to permit VBScripts as well. I don't have ZA on my system anymore, so I can't test it out. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with McAfee settings.

You might also try this as a test.

Download the free Firefox browser and see if you have the same problems with it as you do with IE. If you do, then we'll know it's something else. If not, we'll know it's something with the browser settings.

Do you have any other script blocking software installed?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Also for the purpose of testing disable or even uninstal ZA and McAfee and see if that gets you in. If so then either one of those programs is mis configured.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#6 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:40 AM

Problem solved for now, I fiddled around with the Java settings and deleted temp files and apparently it's working now. Thanks for all of your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users