Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Computer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DTK_03

DTK_03

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:05 AM

And when i turned it back on it said window is experience a problem because of new software and it says if you don't know what the problems is you should start windows normally i did that and it was about to start up then it the screen blinked blue and restarted then when i clicked start windows from last known config did that the same thing happened this computer had our good music files and etc. and my mom says it needs more memory but she has limited knowledge on computers so please help us before she messes it up :thumbsup:

Edited by DTK_03, 22 November 2006 - 11:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hello?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

You need to get the error message. Follow the directions listed below. Write down the EXACT error and put it in your next reply.

To change the setting in WinXP, boot into Safe Mode and access the Control Panel. If you’re using Win2000/XP with the Control Panel displayed in Classic View, simply double-click the System icon. If you’re a WinXP user viewing the Control Panel in Category View, click Performance And Maintenance and click System from the bottom of the dialog box. Click the Advanced tab and then click the Settings button from the Startup And Recovery section of the System Properties dialog box. Next, deselect the checkbox in front of Automatically Restart in the System Failure portion of the dialog box. Click OK and click OK again. Close the Control Panel and restart the computer. Now, when your system encounters an error, it will remain on-screen.

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/ar...1.asp&guid=

Edited by buddy215, 22 November 2006 - 11:51 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

I have had a laptop with this same issue and it would just reset without a BSOD no matter which way you set it up to start. Basically my only option on that machine was to use a boot CD. I recommend "Ultimate Boot CD Ver4"

Get a usb drive and copy off all the important files.
Posted Image

#5 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

It says windows is experiencing a problem it probably had something to do with some hardware and so it gave me 5 choices and each one i chose would bring up a screen that look like it's starting up then for half a second it would show a blue screen then restart i can't even get to the desktop

#6 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

The error message was 0x00190203,0x81B93ca0,0xc0000102,0x00000000 now what

#7 notsotechie

notsotechie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:58 PM

Go to safe mode if u can click on last known good configeration then do that if that fails go to safe mode
then check on the device manager and check the hardware if there are sign of trbl then delete that what ever it is then log off and reboot hope fully will be ok
Have A Great Day;-D[font=Century Gothic]

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:18 PM

have you recently installed Norton or XP2?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

That didn't work this is doomed to be crashed

#10 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

i've seen norton around there but that's been there long before the crash i was just sitting down and the computer turned off

#11 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

If you can get into safe mode check the Event Viewer for error messages. Got to Start then Programs. Next open Administrative Tools and select Event Viewer.
This will give us a clearer picture at what is happening with your system.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#12 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:57 PM

I can't get into any applications

I can't get into any applications

#13 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

Try to run SFC for the Run window. select the Start button then Run.Type in SFC and press enter.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#14 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

You've got several options here:

1) Get the full information from the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). The set of 4 numbers that you posted earlier should have had another set of numbers before it (something like 0x00000024 (it's the last 2 or 3 that you'll look for). The most common association for the first set of numbers in your error message that you gave is the 0x00000024 error - which indicates a problem with the file system on your hard drive.

2) Use a boot disk with NTFS reader to search your hard drive for files ending in .dmp or .mdmp. Save those and let us know to give you the link to analyze them.

The BSOD is a hardware error - but most often it's associated with bad drivers. Remove any hardware that's hooked up to the outside of the computer and try restarting.

Try inserting your Windows CD and on the first screen press "R" to open the recovery console. Then run "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quotes) at the prompt.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users