Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Shuts Down Antivirus!help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hellfire215

hellfire215

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

I just bought Norton Internet Security 2007 and when I did a system scan it found adware.hyperbar and when it tries to repair it I get the blue stop error screen. I called norton and they told me they had to remotely take control of my pc for some more $$ and how the purchase of the cd was for the software and updates. **** bastards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sq2

sq2

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

What operating system are you running? What exactly does the error message say?

I doubt very seriously that adware.hyperbar is causing the problem. It sounds more or less like you might be having issue with a software conflict.

Edited by sq2, 21 November 2006 - 11:29 PM.

#3 hellfire215

hellfire215
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

Windows XP home, the antivirus finds the adaware.hyperbar then when the antivirus finshes and starts repair the pc shuts down to blue screen but didn't write down what it says. If u want me to do it again i will and write down. thanks 4 reply

#4 hellfire215

hellfire215
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

I was using avg but it detected 5 viruses but couldn't fix them so i bought the norton product

#5 sq2

sq2

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

Windows XP home, the antivirus finds the adaware.hyperbar then when the antivirus finshes and starts repair the pc shuts down to blue screen but didn't write down what it says. If u want me to do it again i will and write down. thanks 4 reply

Stop errors can be caused by a wide variety of things such as faulty hardware, bad device drivers, overclocking/over heating issues or software trying to do things it shouldn't or is not allowed to under Windows NT.

http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/bsod.php

Write down the error message the next time it happens. It will definitely shed some light on what is going on with your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users