Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EXTERNAL DVD AND PS2 COPIER

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 techn9ne

techn9ne

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:13 PM

is there such thing as a external dvd burner that will also copy ps2 games?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

It is not the drive itself that would enable that feature. That is something that is typically software driven.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 techn9ne

techn9ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:27 PM

if you were to get an external dvd copier is it possible to load ps2 copier software into it?

~i dont know anything about dvd copiers~

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:33 PM

The different types of DVD burners are: computer and stand-alone.

The computer type would be possible to have that type of software. Likely it would not be included with the drive.

The stand-alone type is like one that you would use for your home theatre/surround set-ups. It is not very possible that you could use that type of software for this. It does not have a hard drive that you could load up the software to make it work.

#5 techn9ne

techn9ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:37 PM

so r u saying that if i wanted to copy ps2 games i would need to get a burner that would go into my tower and then i would also need to get some software that i would install into my computer? if so, if i would copy dvd's would i need to get a dvd reader also? or would the dvd burner be able to read it. if i want to make an exact copy for a dvd, would it be like a cd where 1 drive reads the cd while the other drive burns it onto the disk?

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:45 PM

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. External DVD burners can be used in your computer.

DVD burners are similar to CD burners, just more information. It is much easier to already have a DVD drive that you want to make a copy of, and a blank in the DVD burner. If you do not already have a DVD drive, it would makes things much easier to get one of those also.

In the case that the only DVD drive you have is a burner, then software will use your hard drive as a buffer, and you will have to switch DVDs. The process will be much slower as well.

#7 techn9ne

techn9ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:54 PM

so should i get a internal dvd drive that reads dvd's then an external dvd copier?
and if i would do that then could i buy the ps2 software and download that into my computer and it would then work?

sorry for being so confusing

#8 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:57 PM

Don't worry about it-sometimes I confuse myself :flowers: :thumbsup:

Yep, that is all you need: DVD player, (internal or external)DVD burner, and burning software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users