Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word. Headers And Footers.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

Hello Wizz kids,

I have created some word templates. The first page has a header and a footer. I would like further pages to be either totally blank or with only the footer.

I cant seem to work this out. Can anyone help me out?

Regards

Constantine
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Octagonal

Octagonal

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:30 AM

Hi Constantine,

The easiest way that I can find to do this is to create "Sections" in your Template/Document. By using Sections you can create different Headers or Footers for each Section.

Check this link out, you should get the general idea.

HTH
~ Octagonal ~

#3 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Octagonal,

That link was very helpful

Regards

Constantine

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:40 AM

Another way you can restrict a header or footer to the first page only is as follows:

Click on File then Page Setup and then click on the Page Layout tab.

The second section down on that tab says Headers and Footers. Click on the little box by First Page Only to put a check mark there. Now, your first page header will appear only on the first page. NOTE: If you have several sections in your paper, this will cause the first page header or footer to appear on the first page of every section unless you unlink the headers or footers. In order to unlink them, Click on View then Header and Footer. On the tool bar that pops up, click on the little icon third from the left on the bottom. I have it boxed in reddish purple in the picture below.

Posted Image

That way, you can have a separate header or footer for the first page of every section and yet other headers for pages 2-section end for each section. You will also have to unlink the headers and footers for the pages following each section's first page if you want a different header or footer from the 2+ pages in the previous sections.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 November 2006 - 12:38 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:24 AM

Hey OrangeBlossum,

Thanks for that. You're a peach:)

Constantine

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

Glad I could help. I remember actually tearing some of my hair out dealing with header issues when I was working papers for grad. school. Figured I'd save you the bald patches :thumbsup: and share what I learned.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

Hello again Orange Blossum,
I appreciate you concern about my hair. But if you look at my picture there under my name, you will notice that any change to my appearance could only be for the better.

Once again, thanks for the tips. Happy Thanksgiving:)

Constantine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users