Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Computer Restart

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay8604

Jay8604

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

My computer has recently been restarting by itself, without any signs or notice, thats it's going to happen. It seems to restart just fine, but when windows loads up I encounter a windows error that reads

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : BA61EBEF OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

When I ask for more info on the error i get these two paths

C:\DOCUME~1\Julian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERabdc.dir00\Mini112106-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Julian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERabdc.dir00\sysdata.xml...

I am currently running Windows XP Pro SP2, as well as Vista on a 2nd HD, with 2.40 GHz Core Duo Intel Processor, 2Gigs Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (256MB) Vedio Adapter, And a TEW-623PI Wireless N Draft PCI Adapter.

If anyone has any idea as to whats going on I'd really appriciate some extra help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:46 PM

STOP 0xD1: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xd1

Most likely a bad device driver - but can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

What have you done to the system lately (either when this started happening or just before it)? The littlest thing can help us to figure it out.

After that, I'd start with testing the RAM and recreating the pagefile (because it's easier than searching for the driver). If that didn't turn up anything, then we'd start looking for a suspect driver.

With your system specs, I'd suspect that you're doing a bit of tweaking or overclocking. If so, you'll have to shut it all off and return everything to default values for the troubleshooting (to include any BIOS tweaks, custom drivers, etc).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 vinc

vinc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: need help here, have pc rebooting on me and am bout to reboot pc wif my own booty hardware!!! installed 4x 512 mb 7600gs amd 3000+ 939 asrock dual vista mother board. hhhheeeeelllllppppp

#4 Jay8604

Jay8604
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Well, the RAM is brand new... As are all of the parts of the computer. I just put it together about a month ago. It may be a driver, but if that is the case i would have no idea which driver it could be since I have assembled the computer so recently. So, where would I start in order to test the RAM and recreate a pagefile?

STOP 0xD1: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xd1

Most likely a bad device driver - but can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

What have you done to the system lately (either when this started happening or just before it)? The littlest thing can help us to figure it out.

After that, I'd start with testing the RAM and recreating the pagefile (because it's easier than searching for the driver). If that didn't turn up anything, then we'd start looking for a suspect driver.

With your system specs, I'd suspect that you're doing a bit of tweaking or overclocking. If so, you'll have to shut it all off and return everything to default values for the troubleshooting (to include any BIOS tweaks, custom drivers, etc).

#5 notamondayfan

notamondayfan

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:12 AM

i had this problem a while bk, and it turned out to be my ram. have u installed any new programs recently?
try a different stick of ram and see if that sorts it out.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

vinc - please start your own thread for your problem. On that thread, please list your detailed system specs.

***************************************'
Jay8604 -

Here's a link to a free memory tester: http://www.memtest86.com/ Please read the instructions thoroughly and let the test run for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is better). If you start getting errors, then the RAM may be the culprit (so you can stop the test). If you've got multiple sticks of RAM - try testing them one at a time (and in different slots) in order to rule out the different sticks and slots as being the problem.

Here's some directions on how to recreate your pagefile: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=389845
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users