Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've Lost Access To My Monitor--help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 singinstacey

singinstacey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

I've done something to my monitor that I cannot seem to figure out how to undo. I was attempting to change the look of my desktop, so I right clicked and went to Display Mode, then High Color and then to a number (not sure which resolution, but was attempting to go back to the original setting). Now the screen is completely black except for a rectangular box the reads: "Information" (in a blue section at the top) and "Monitor is working out of scan range" (in the rest of the box). I have rebooted several times (it does look as though it's booting correctly; the Microsoft display does come up initially, with the loading indication bar at the bottom of the screen). I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and have tried pressing the F8 key when it is first booting up, but I still get the same black screen with the same message. If you have any idea what I can try, please let me know as soon as possible!! I am VERY DESPERATE!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

Scroll the oprions, you should have a default settings one somewhere. if not, you can manually move Horizontal and Vertical to 0 (all forms of them)
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

You cannot reach the boot menu (F8) at all? Is this an on-board Video controller or is it a card?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users