Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Hacked?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beakerr

beakerr

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:39 AM

I got an email this morning, that arrived at 2:30 AM, that stated that the email I sent could not be delivered. The thing is I never sent this email and never heard of the addy. Here it is.

From:Mail Delivery Service <postmaster@mail1.arcor-ip.de>
[Add to Address Book]

To:xxxxxx@comcast.net
Subject:Delivery Status Notification
Date:Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:33:33 AM
[View Source]
- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
keller@pikon.com; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA 145.253.233.133: SMTP diagnostic: 550 <keller@pikon.com>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table

I never heard of keller@pikon.com. There were two attachments that I was supposedly sending out . What is this just random spam? Any clues??? I hope its not some one mailing the results of the keylogger they installed on my machine without my knowledge. What do I do????

Edited by beakerr, 21 November 2006 - 10:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:06 AM

Some SPAM, and particularly E-mail containing malware, often pretend to come from a mailer-deamon (which you cannot have your ISP block), in the hopes that curiosity will lead you to open the attachments and thereby infect your computer. Obviously, you should under no circumstances open these. If you are reasonably certain you did not send the "returned" E-mail, or the mailer-deamon is NOT from your mail provider, then delete it immediately.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:07 PM

Thanks! I deleated it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users