Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes For Windows - Opens Up By Itself

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:53 AM

Can anybody help from stopping iTunes opening up by itself, it's rediculous, i have to have it as i've just created an account i don't want to get rid of it. Just some way of stopping it from opening all by itself.
I went to official site to find an email to get some support but couldn't find any. Please, i'm desperate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

Right Click Start->Explorer->This should open you up in the Start menue Folder->Programs->Startup->Delete ITunes from here then it should not do it again.

If it presists then find Itunes in the task bar (Bottom Right Hand Cornor) Right click on it and select Itune Prefences Find the box that says open at startup and uncheck it
Posted Image

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:00 AM

nope, itunes doesn't open up when booting. it always opens up after ripping CD with Windows Media Player and also Downloading MP3 elsewhere and adding it to a playlist and i don't know what to uncheck to stop it doint that. It's very annoying.

#4 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

It think that Itunes thinks it is set to the default broswer so try doing this for your music

Control Panel-> Folder Options-> File Types

Look for MP3 or Wav or whatever music file type you're looking for, click on it. if it isn't on the player you like, click on "Change...", double click on Windows Media Player, then click ok. Hope that helps.
Posted Image

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

MP3 and WAV are set as default to open with WMP only if i could find a support email address for iTunes...

#6 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:42 PM

Try emailing Apple Support
Posted Image

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:02 AM

what is apples email support???

#8 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:33 AM

Look around at apple.com sorry for not posting it but I didn't have time to look for it
Posted Image

#9 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

that's ok, i had looked around apple for the email address but gee you think it was be in plain sight. i'll have another look and i'll post back on what i find.

#10 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:00 AM

there is no email support for iTunes if anyone can find a way to get support from apple about iTunes opening everytime i download a MP3 anywhere that is not within iTunes please help. If not, iTunes is being uninstalled. its just stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users