Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly Infected ...need Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ricthrower920

ricthrower920

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:29 AM

Hey Im new here, and have a good sense of computer knowledge...seeing my brother is a Information Systems designer for delta dental. but im not as smart as him, so im coming to you guys, who seem to know their stuff. recently, i have been getting pop-ups that are from Driver cleaner. com, errorsafe.com, system doctor.com & winantispyware.com. I cant seem to find how to delete them, but they are only warnings right now; and i havent been stupid enough to click on their "fake" warnings. I was wondering how to fix this? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

Driver cleaner, errorsafe, system doctor & winantispyware are all bad programs made by WinSoftware, Ltd. Many malware programs can be uninstalled by using "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel so start there first. Questionable programs are installed into their own Program folder and have recognizable names. For a list of such programs see BC's Uninstall Programs Database.

If nothing bad is listed, see the self-help tutorial How To Remove Winfixer/Virtumonde/Msevents/Trojan.vundo.

Post back if your still having problems after doing this.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users