Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox360 Or Pc Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kurleq

kurleq

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

OK this Christmas holiday i have enough buget to either get a "xbox360" premium bundle and like two games OR get some new parts for my computer "which sucks hard" and i was wondering which i should consider

btw my comps specs are

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Antec case with 120mm exaust in back and 80mm intake up front "keeps it chilly in there"
Nvidia 7500 LE "weakest pont of computer "HORRIBLE"
And 4gb of 533mhz DDR2 Ram "half is 533mhz and the other 2gb is 667" dont ask
Gigabeat POS mobo

any opninons are welcome and feel free to make fun of my compter "i do it all the time"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

I won't make fun of your computer because I don't even know what most of that means. XBox 360 with Ghost Recon and Madden...that's the ticket. Fight Night is addictive too.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

#3 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

really that PC hardware looks nice. and I haven't heard any complaints about Nvidia 7500 LE.

I'd go Xbox 360, or a hard drive upgrade? (size?) and some PC games lol
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:46 PM

Well I think games are more fun on the pc.

Keyboard and mouse are more accurate than a controller any day for selecting and typing.

I have a AMD 3200 and a single pc3200 512mb ram with a 300gb hd and a ATI 9200se 128mb vid card.

I can play games fine so you should be well off with that card ha ha.

Its up to you. The games will look good either way.

#5 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

*is gonna get laughed at*

40GB hd, Nvidia 5200 FX, 640MB ram, 2.20GHz processor (celeron)
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

I am in the same dilemma as you. I'm interested in getting a PS3, but all the games I play are on the PC.

My current specs are,

Athlon 4000+
2 gigs DDR ram
7800 GT

I'm looking in to upgrading to a Conroe CPU (or whatever happens when quad core comes out) and either Nvidia's or ATI's DX10 cards.

---

So I guess I'd have to ask, what do you enjoy more? Console or PC games? Also, which has more of the games you'd want to play?

Personally I like PC especially for first person shooters, but it's all preference really.

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

If I were out today without a computer and a pc I would get a top model pc over a ps3.

A pc can do more than any 600 dollar ps3 can. You can get a lot of the games that come out for ps3 and xbox360 for the pc too.

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

Yea, that's the great thing about the PC when it comes to the console wars, a lot of the games coming to the consoles are also coming to the PC such as GRAW, Oblivion, Bioshock, Alan Wake (I believe it is), ect. IGN may have even found evidence that Gears of War could possibly be coming to PC (it isn't confirmed, but it would still be awsome if it did).

*edit* however, I don't think (for example) Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII are going to be making it on the PC. Those two games would be on my list if I got a PS3.

Edited by Wizdabest, 21 November 2006 - 10:59 AM.

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

My 2 cents, I'd go with a computer. You can do so much more with a PC. Not to mention that the games are usually a lot cheaper too!

You could always even it out a little kurleq, and get a decent graphics card and get the lower end PS3 (they do have 2 different models don't they? Different hdd sizes or something?). This way, you get the best of both worlds! You'll have a computer that can play games and still have a PS3. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:22 PM

The lower end is still like 400 bucks isnt it?
Think of what a extra 400 bucks would do for your pc? A nice graphics card maybe.

#11 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

The lower end is still like 400 bucks isnt it?
Think of what a extra 400 bucks would do for your pc? A nice graphics card maybe.

Yep. So, I was thinking that he could get a decent card for about $200, and then still get the lower end PS3 for roughly $400 (or $1,000-$2,000 on Ebay :thumbsup: ). This way he can still play new games on his computer and still get the PS3! Just trying to get the best of both worlds here!

On the flip side, you can do like I'm planning......sell 13 y/o son to get new computer hardware......sell 6 y/o daughter to get new ps3 (or xbox 360 depending on price I get for her)...if I could only figure out a way around those laws about selling kids on Ebay..... :flowers: (Yes, I'm kidding of course, I'd never sell my kids on Ebay.....I'd put them on the black market to avoid paying taxes on the sales profit!!!! Kidding!)

Edited by stevealmighty, 21 November 2006 - 01:02 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#12 kurleq

kurleq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:01 AM

HA thanks for all the imput yall, ive decided on a Xbox360 this season along with a decent ATI card. Later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users