Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

I am looking for some fun computer games and a friend at school suggested guild wars. Anyone play it? What are good/bad things about it? I looked at some screen shots and it looks pretty cool, and its requirements are low enough for even my crappy computer to play!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

I am looking for some fun computer games and a friend at school suggested guild wars. Anyone play it? What are good/bad things about it? I looked at some screen shots and it looks pretty cool, and its requirements are low enough for even my crappy computer to play!

hell yea awesome game (but its good to have higher lvl friends who can help u out when ur stuck...)

Good things:

0- good storyline
0- decent graphics
0- doesnt suck up less than half the hard drive space as WoW
0- no subscription fee =D
0- great gameplay
0- creative events (snowball fights on wintersday..etc)

Bad things (you knew there might at least be one):

for me its hard to find guild vs. guild fights (ive been dying to try one out)
FREAKING #%@#ing LONG tutorial thing(if u play through it all the way) but they dont teach u stuff the whole way... its like guild wars b4 the main storyline acually starts happening

NOTE:
some professions seem boring but they really arent

thats all u really need to know.

GameFAQs has some good guides

there is a wikipedia site for guild wars but i dont know the link...lol

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:42 AM

I hated guild wars....for the first 20 minutes I owned it. Now I play it all the time. It's great, and they come out with a new one every 6-8 months (6 I think). Even the original game still has a ton of players on it at any given time.

There's a series of characters you can choose from, each having their own skills/spells. Then, you can choose a secondary profession and use their skills/spells. It's nice, because you can be a warrior/ranger and really tear some stuff up, or be a monk/warrior and heal others while defending yourself, or be a elementalist(fire magician so to speak)/monk to take advantage of the higher energy capacity to expand your healing abilities, or....you get the idea. In the first guild wars, there's 4 characters, then when factions came out they added 2 more, then when nightfall came out they added yet another 2!

The game has it's own economy where you sell things to make money, but next week it'll be a lot cheaper or worth nothing at all! Of course their's armor to upgrade, upgrades to your armor, loads of weapons, off hand items etc. etc. etc. You can run around and do missions/quests, or do faction battles or do guild battles (you need to be in an active guild to do so).

It's always nice to have someone to help you along when you start out, but there's usually enough people online to help if you need it.

You can pm me if you get it and I'll help you out if you need it :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

Thanks guys for the info! I'll probably ask for it for Christmas and if I really like it I'll get the expansions
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

Thanks guys for the info! I'll probably ask for it for Christmas and if I really like it I'll get the expansions

The thing about the expansion packs is that they can act as their own games, or just expand upon the original (well, it still gives you the full game, but offers you the choice to combine the two worlds or play both worlds individually). You don't have to get the first one (Prophecies), you can get the newest one (Nightfall). Although, I reccomend getting the first one due to it's nice story line and graduated game play/leveling up. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users