Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robbbbie

robbbbie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:16 PM

Hi all
I'm having problems with my audio, when i use anything on my computer to do with sound (music/games etc) it would work perfectly normal for a couple of minutes. Then after a while my speakers would start making scrambling noises but only a little.. then after like 20 secs it would get worser to the point you cant hear anything and my sound would stop working on my head phones and speakers. THEN that blue screen would come up and my system would restart :thumbsup: Ive looked at my Audio Devices and the pc says its all there and connected. But i cant hear sound...

I have the latest Realtek AC'97 drivers and chipset drivers for my motherboard (atleast i think so)
MOTHERBOARD
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI DELUXE 1.XX
Serial Number: 123456789000
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 11/26/2004

SOUNDCARD
MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
Standard Game Port

My sound card is a inbuilt motherboard one. Could the scrambling be a sign to buy a sound card? maybe fix something in my computers connections? Recently my friend took off the side case which had a fan/lights on it and plugged the wires back in somewhere in the hardware :inlove: Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Could anyone tell me whats going on?? :flowers:
Any suggestions?? :cool:

Thanks in advance ! :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:09 AM

Just out of interest what make are your speakers?

In the meantime, ensure that your speakers are connected correctly, the sound level/faders (CONTROL PANEL>> SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES>> VOLUME>> ADVANCED have a fiddle around with the sliders there.

Also ensure that the power supply to your speakers is plugged in OK. I remember the power supply for my Creative speakers caused numerous problems.

Hope that helps for the moment!

Edited by FireKracker, 24 November 2006 - 06:13 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users