Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Proffesional Help Plz

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SimoDarkman

SimoDarkman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:13 PM

Someone Guys Can Tell Me How To Updates My Mothercard Bios ? I Hav A "ASUS P4U-800X" Mothercard.....Could Someone Give Me A Hand ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

What is the make and model of your pc?
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#3 SimoDarkman

SimoDarkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:27 AM

That's The PC That I Hav :

* Pentuim[R]4 CPU 3.00GHZ

* 512 Ram

* Mothercard ASUS P4U-800X

* Hard Disk 160Go

* Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

And The Point Is That I Wanna Update The Mothercard Bios With The Last ASUS P4U-800X Updates But I Don't Know How ..... I Tried To Do What's On The "ASUS P4U-800X Series User Guide"
But Nothin' Happend.....Could U Guys Help Me With This One ????

Edited by SimoDarkman, 21 November 2006 - 09:30 AM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

Why do you want to update the bios? What specifically is the problem you are trying to address?

Version 1007 2005/03/31 update
Description P4U800-X Release BIOS 1007
Fixed entering OS too slow before installing LAN Driver
Fixed PowerLED on too slow in POST
Fixed nvidia 9570 VGA card failed under 3Dmark 2005 test.
Fixed AC Power loss function always enabled.
File Size 260.14 (KBytes)
Download from Global USA Europe China

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

P4U800-X user's manual for English Version (E1882)
http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

#5 SimoDarkman

SimoDarkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

Actually I Was Installin' "Need For Speed Hot Persuite II" And Sometimes While I'm Playin' , It Stoped And It Shows A Blue Screen , It Says That I Need To Contact The Hardware's Provider To Get The Latest Updates For The Bios, That's It

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

A BIOS update is a very risky thing - and often won't even solve the problem. Generally there are other suggestions available for this sort of problem.

A BIOS flash is very easy....
Very easy to do....
And VERY easy to mess up

If you're determined to update it, then here's some tips:
1) Read the release notes for the BIOS update. Do they address your specific problem? If not, then you don't need to do it.
2) Ensure that you pick the right file to flash your BIOS. They're labelled strangely - and even a small error can fry your BIOS chip (rendering your motherboard useless).
3) Print out and follow the directions exactly. Do not press any keys unless specifically told to. Don't even press the space bar or cursor keys just to see if it's working - it can corrupt the flash!
4) Take steps to ensure that there's no interruption of the flash. No kids with peanut butter sandwiches, no dogs or cats, no one else anywhere nearby. Anything that touches/affects your computer can ruin the flash. Even a power surge - or a brownout - will cause it to fail.

I'd suggest giving us a bit more information about the erros and the links where you got your information from. Then we can have a look see and see if we can figure out another alternative fix for you.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 SimoDarkman

SimoDarkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

Thank You My Friend For Ur Patient And For Ur Explain :thumbsup: , Appriciate It , I'll Do Exactly What U Said.....

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

Not a problem - that's why we're here! :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users