For your installer problem, this link
For the Windows File Protection problem,
and typesfc /scannow
(notice the space between c and /), click ok
. Insert your xp installation cd when asked.
It must be the installation CD, not the recovery CD.
further info on sfc /scannow how to: http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Please download Ccleaner
and save it to your desktop.Tutorial for CCleanerDuring the installation be sure to UN-check the box for "Ccleaner Yahoo Toolbar" unless you want it
Reboot your computer in Safe Mode, following my earlier instruction.
From Safe Mode run Ccleaner
- Click on Options,
- Select Advanced
- Now UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
- Make sure the Cleaner block on the left is selected.
- Do not use the "Issues" block . It's meant for professionals.
- Choose the Windows tab.
- Check everything EXCEPT Advanced part of the Menu.
- Click on "Analyze". This process could take a while.
- If you don't want to loose your login passwords to certain sites, click on Options
- Select cookies and move the ones you want to keep to the "cookies to keep" section, by highlighting and using the arrows in the middle.
- Choose Run Cleaner.
When CCleaner shows how much has been removed, cleaning is finished. Click Exit
If you have more than one users, run Ccleaner for every user
You still haven't provided me with an online scan log. If you're having trouble with Panda, tryKaspersky Online Scanner
Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Online Scanner
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Scan Options:
- Scan Archives
- Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:
- Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
Copy and paste that information from Kapersky in your next post.
Edited by amateur, 12 December 2006 - 03:07 PM.