Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chewy74

chewy74

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:46 AM

1st time user and seems like the sites very useful.

thanks in adavance for questions answered

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chewy74

chewy74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:48 AM

btw, the board wont let me create a new support thread in the " Spyware & Malware Self-Help and Reading Room" and keeps saying i need to be a registered user, which I assume I am since im posting this...

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:03 AM

I'm getting the same thing, but a different forum. Likely a BHO (Browser Hijack object). Bleeping Computer was crashed yesterday by ????????? Seems a new virus swept through and targeted Servers running php (which this is).

I'm waiting for Bleeping Computer to confirm or deny. Will they?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:44 AM

Spyware & Malware Self-Help and Reading Room

I believe that particular forum is for posting only self help procedures that Grinler has worked out for users who want to tackle the problems themselves. If a user experiences problems...either with the fix or involving the problem they have, I think you are invited to respond by starting a thread with a new post since others viewing those fixes might not necessarily have your particular problem with it. Your problem might confuse them and "muddy" the waters, I guess. Seems to make sense. 100's of people view them on a daily basis & they work. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:19 AM

Welcome to BC!

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

Some forums have restricted posting. That you can post HERE shows that there is no problem with your computer, the site, or your registration.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users