Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

Question,

dont know if they are related but,

since i updated to IE7 my WMP9 has a home pg of Napster and the tab for "radio" has a napster ad. this ppppssss's me off (sorry) :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: .

to get to the internet radio, now i have to go through the "guide" tab and go through the menu there.

if ms did this when updating IE7, why didn't i get prompted to accept, allow or deny WMP home page????????
how do you change the home page back to the radio guide or default?

i guess i need to know how to change the "radio" tab to display the internet radio stations instead of napsters trial software offer. and the home pg to display anything but adware?

xp sp2

been to the control pannel and all the options in WMP i can think of.

thx,
igo

Edited by igonuts2, 19 November 2006 - 09:21 PM.

Why work when you can play!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

I haven't switched to IE7 or use WMP. Could you put a link in your "favorites" for the radio page?
If this ad shows up on the homepage when the mediaplayer is not connected to the internet, you may be able to find a reference to Napster by doing a file search and just delete it.
If you were using Firefox with Adblock extension you could delete the ad.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

oops, WMP10, not 9

dsl, so WMP is internet enabled. of coarse you know that. but i did a file search and got nothing. napster named files and files containing napster- nothing.

i have some stations favorited, but i like to surf and don't want to link all the listings.

been through all the options i can see. i know i'm clean so thats not an issue.

about ready to revert back to IE6 and do a sys restore.
--------------
(another side issue is that ms says IE7 keeps our settings but thats not whats happening. all internet short cuts now have a generic icon. after using the icon for the first time it updates the icon with the web site icon instead of using a custom one set by the user.)
Just bleeping,
(auto offensive language/grammer control? cool.)
this is making me mad!!!!!!

looking closer it seems that the music and radio tabs now direct me to vendors (paysites) for desired media (music, radio). gotta get there revenue.

i got a feeling that there will be more of this as time passes and vendors grow.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

WMP is not the only place to find radio stations. Explore. Here is a link to BBC you might want to check out.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/i/

Here is one where you can build your own juke box.
http://www.pandora.com/

Edited by buddy215, 20 November 2006 - 08:15 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

i did get radio stations all over the world w/WMP,,,,France, Belgem, Germany, and bbc. just have to do it the long way. and i HATE (sorry for shouting) adware.
to go and redirect the tabs would probably be a form of hacking, which isn't tollerated at bc, and i don't know how to do it anyway.

thx

think i'll just sit on it for a while. get psst enough and revert back to IE6 and do a sys restore

#6 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

well i went back to IE6.
more issues than WMP which has retianed it's link to online stores through the radio tab. probably an update that would have come my way eventualy anyway.

with all the add ons, one window of IE7 used almost as much ram as two windows w/IE6

theres a myriad of upgrades i need to do before IE7. such as upgrade 196 ram. i have difficulty playing popcap games. thats a serious ram defeciancy(?).

anyway thanks buddy215

we can close this.

that is unless you might know of a program that blasts vendors from the web.
(joke, i think)

thx,
igo

Edited by igonuts2, 21 November 2006 - 01:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users