Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am A Dumb ......

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djwhy60

djwhy60

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:16 PM

I somehow drug my minimized window for the media player off the screen and cannot get it back....need info on how to return it to the screen so I can see it...thank you ahead of time for your help!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

I somehow drug my minimized window for the media player off the screen and cannot get it back....need info on how to return it to the screen so I can see it...thank you ahead of time for your help!!! :thumbsup:

Can't you just hold down a left click and hover your cursor over the edge until you see a double arrow and then drag it back.

Edited by bicycle bill, 19 November 2006 - 07:56 PM.

#3 djwhy60

djwhy60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

No...holding the left arrow just creates a dotted line box .....ther is no double arrow....but thank you for you help

#4 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

Well if this problem just cropped up do a system restore. In case you are not familiar with how to do that.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...temrestore.mspx

#5 djwhy60

djwhy60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

It isn't something the system did..I the dumba** drug the window over too far and now can't "grab" it to pull it back...

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,102 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Is the window you need to move completely missing?

I have never used this program, but if you don't come up with another solution it might be worth a try. It is freeware.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Launch...ls/ZenKEY.shtml

With ZenKEY you will have control of almost all aspects of your PC only with the mouse and keyboard.

Using keystrokes that work no matter what program you are in, you can:

Launch a program or bring it back into focus
Open a document, folder or Internet resource
Automatically make active or inactive windows transparent
Move across and place windows using an "infinte" desktop space
Minimize or maximize a window
Resize, move or alter a window
Perform an internet search
Issue a Media command, such as play, pause or volume up/down
Start your screensaver or shutdown your computer
Access hidden Windows utilities
Control Winamp or compatible media players (we love QCD Player!)
Instantly display any menu of programs or actions at the mouse pointer
Launch a program automatically on ZenKEY startup
Set the Mouse pointer speed
Simulate a series of keystrokes
Switch between tasks

Using the ZenKEY configuration utility, you can add any program, add or alter any menu, and assign any keystroke to perform any action.

Here are some key features of "ZenKEY":

Open a program or a file
These actions launch a program or open a document (with its associated application). If you launch a program that is already running, you can choose whether this program should be brought to the foreground, or whether ZenKEY should launch a new instance of it. You can also choose to launch programs automatically on ZenKEY startup.
Control program windows
These commands can be used to reposition program windows, to change their properties, to alter their transparency (XP and 2000 only) or even to send them to the system tray. You can tell ZenKEY whether you want the action to be performed on the currently active window (default), or whichever window is lying under the mouse cursor.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users