Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worst Game Of All Time

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

many games in this world should never have been made...in ur opinion, whats the worst game of all time?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

There have been so many! I can't remember the name of most of them, the one that comes to mind is Sphynx, I think that's how it's spelled. I found it very boring. Didn't even come close to finishing it. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Juggler

Juggler

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

kudos to a great thread..too often we argue over the BEST, but the absolute worst need to be recognized as well. In my book, the landmark achievements for the worst games are the ones that led you to believe they were great. Theres plenty of crappy games out there, but the WORST games are the ones that had you hooked, and then had a sequel that just absolutely blew. So my list is a mix of the biggest let-downs and the most over-rated flops of all time.

1) Socom 3 (Worlds Worst Let-Down), WWLD for short
2) Grand Theft Auto series(The Worlds Most Overrated Games.... Ever), WMOG...E..
3) MGS2....could we draw the story out and make it any more gay?...well;
4) MGS3....hey let's add MORE ridiculous sci-fi enemies and make the story MORE obscure and ridiculous!!!
5) FF8: Thats a given for any FF fan
6) JAK 2 & 3: Take a great game and make it a free-roaming kiddie version of GTA with the same stupid timed pizza delivery missions...Screw you Insomniac. Don't change a great formula, ...it works EVERY year for Ratchet and Clank.
7) ANY racing game.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

I tried the 10 day free trial for world of warcraft and I really wasn't impressed, but I think thats because I had really crappy skills and only got to level 11. Well just games like that and runescape I love them, but they suck so bad when your new. You have to pretty much work in the games to have any fun eventually. I guess thats the key for why there fun, the idea that maybe you could be rich, powerful, and popular.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:33 AM

Smurfs for the Atari 2600. There's no reason for the stupid smurf to die when they landed on a tuft of grass. Oh, and the silly little smurfs should've been able to jump further too.

More currently, I must admit that Fable for the xbox was a massive let down to me. I beat the entire game in 4hours (just doing the main quests, no side quests/adventures). The only good part about it was being evil and running around and killing everything in site. Other than that, I felt that the game was hyped up way to much and didn't live up to it's promises. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:41 AM

Sims a complete waste of time. And Boring to boot.

I know there are loads out there that love this game but basically IMHO total rubbish.
Posted Image

#7 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

definitely rugrats treasure hunt for 64
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

3) MGS2....could we draw the story out and make it any more gay?...well;
4) MGS3....hey let's add MORE ridiculous sci-fi enemies and make the story MORE obscure and ridiculous!!!

maybe you just are not inteligeant enough to understan dthe stories, the story rocks, dont talk unless you know what your saying
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#9 kbk

kbk

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:19 PM

MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time, and my least favorite of all time is deffinetly Warcraft 3, purely because I suck at it. Other than the fact that I'm bad at it, it's a good game though. Also, this ATV racing game I used to have on PS2, sucked big time but I don't remember the name.
www.thisisbeyondbelief.com

#10 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

I don't know if it is absolutely the worse game of all time, but I nominate for one of the worst, Romancing SaGA (SquareEnix,which should have known better).
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#11 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:10 PM

Worst game of all time that I have played is Medal Of Honor Underground.

Some one said FF8 sucked for any FF fan well I say that game rocked (and I love FF)

-nTOS
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#12 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

Star Trek: Fleet Command(er?). It looked neat (I saw some guys playing it at a lan) but in practice it was a huge let down. It's the game that finally stopped me from automatically buying games at full price; nowadays I wait until they have been out for a while and I can get them for 30 or so (often 'gold' editions, 30-40 w/ expansion included).

Though I know some folks will consider it blasphemy, I think the whole BF series sucks. No one works as a team, so you end up "lone wolfing" it...literally, when you spawn an hour's hike away from the action. Then by the time you get there, a tank runs you over and you start again. I tried the demo for BF 2, felt exactly the same. Then one of the guys I lan with said that the BF 2142 is boring...and I am thinking to myself, "Well, did you see the title on the box?"

Starcraft was also pretty lame. It got such a following, and it wasn't very good, IMO! Low population cap, you have to have all the resources required to make something BEFORE you start it. The 3 armies were very different, but each of them had only a mere handful of units compared to a true RTS great like Total Annihilation.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:12 PM

Moderator Advisory!

As stevealmighty has said lets keep the opinions civil and no flaming, Please.
Next rude comment or act of discourtesy gets this thread closed.

Be (Common Courtesy) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#14 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:17 PM

Star Trek: Fleet Command(er?). It looked neat (I saw some guys playing it at a lan) but in practice it was a huge let down. It's the game that finally stopped me from automatically buying games at full price; nowadays I wait until they have been out for a while and I can get them for 30 or so (often 'gold' editions, 30-40 w/ expansion included).

Though I know some folks will consider it blasphemy, I think the whole BF series sucks. No one works as a team, so you end up "lone wolfing" it...literally, when you spawn an hour's hike away from the action. Then by the time you get there, a tank runs you over and you start again. I tried the demo for BF 2, felt exactly the same. Then one of the guys I lan with said that the BF 2142 is boring...and I am thinking to myself, "Well, did you see the title on the box?"

Starcraft was also pretty lame. It got such a following, and it wasn't very good, IMO! Low population cap, you have to have all the resources required to make something BEFORE you start it. The 3 armies were very different, but each of them had only a mere handful of units compared to a true RTS great like Total Annihilation.

I would have to agree with the BF2 series, little to no team work. However, I can say that when my clan was active, we'd have 4-6 people in a squad, and would use teamspeak and run around simply owning the entire map! That's when the game was the most fun, easily one of the best games I ever played. Then, when my clan mates became less active, and I was finding myself "lone wolfing it", the game became less fun just like you said....running for 10 minutes to get to a point only to have artillary land on my head! What's worse is the team killing that's intentional...like when you're running to get in a helicopter and then your teammate kills you so he/she can fly it.....grrrr....that made me so mad everytime that happened! BF2 was a game that has great moments and completely horrible moments IMHO! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#15 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

Combat for Atari 2600.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users