Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everest Home Edition 1.51.195

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

I was browsing BC when I came across a post made by Enthusiast that stated that Everest 1.51.195 has the ability to show license keys for software that the later versions will not. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72477/memory-type-fit-computer/ (Post #3). So I thought "That sounds neat", and I uninstalled my 2.(whatever) version and installed 1.51.195. I am assuming that by license keys, Enthusiast is referring to the activation codes for any paid-for program, from security programs to video games. However, I have found the list of installed programs in Everest, but I cannot find any licence keys. Can someone tell me how to access this information? Or, if I am incorrect in my understanding of Enthusiast's description, could someone please clarify it for me? Nothing is wrong with my PC; I'm just interested in learning new things. Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

There are two other programs similar to the Everest Home utility.

Belarc Advisor that builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. It's a little more basic that Everest home.

And System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala that literally tells just about everything about a system. One will find all license keys and passwords under the "Secrets" tab in the SIW utility. SIW provides much more information that the other two do combined.

While I have all three programs, I find myself using the SIW most of the time, more because I have it on a pen drive for portability and the program doesn't have to be installed.

These and many other freeware programs and utilities are noted in the BC post Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 rlprlp

rlprlp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thank you, KoanYoral. I have Belarc as well, too, but SIW is a new one to me. Downloaded it and will try it out. My original question about Everest still stands, though, if anyone knows.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

No licence key listing in Everest that I've seen. Belarc has it. Includes what you type in and the registration number which is a composite of computer data and the key for Microsoft products.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

Everest 1.51 has the COA listed in Operating Systems. Everest 2.02 and 2.2 do not have this feature.
As far as I know only Window"s COA is revealed in Belarc.
The MagicalJellyBean will reveal both the Window's and MS Office COA.

Magical Jelly Bean COA finder
Everest v1.51
Belarc v7.2a
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users