Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Nice Computer Chair! I Want One!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:27 AM

I have one of these computer chairs I got for 80 bucks or so at office max.

Well its fine and dandy if you sit perfectly straight up and shove yourself to the back or it and lean a bit.

All ours chairs not just the one I got seem to want to make you slump. The lower area of my back sometimes hurts because there is no support.

I just cant lean back straight enough and type.

Anyways I thought of making a chair that reclined all the time for full back support.

This guy did it. And what a surprise it was to see how and what he made it of!

http://www.robotics.com/chair/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:47 AM

I want one, too.
Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to build.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:58 AM

It is a beauty isn't it CGM.

I scored a large old office swivel, recliner thing which with about a foot of padding, stops me being completely crippled each morning. But it is a major issue, isn't it?

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:51 AM

coool! :thumbsup:

i tried to get my cousin's husband to rip out a two-seater from a van to use as a couch in my room :flowers:
those chairs are comfortable! :trumpet:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:34 AM

About five months ago, I splurged out on a new chair also.I went to the local office furniture shop and bought a high back leather executive chair that does everything except make coffee.And you guessed it,
absolutely no lower back support whatsoever.Great,if you want to sit upright all the time. After time my back starts to ache. I don't think anybody has made a chair especially for PC Addicts. The company that designs a chair for PC users would make a motza in my opinion.All it has to be is like the BMW chair CGM showed us,high back,swivel and tilt, with arm rests, lower back support and padded as thick as the seat we saw.I don't think that is an impossible ask.IMHO.

DSTM.

Edited by DSTM, 19 November 2006 - 10:45 AM.

#6 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

About five months ago, I splurged out on a new chair also.I went to the local office furniture shop and bought a high back leather executive chair that does everything except make coffee.And you guessed it,
absolutely no lower back support whatsoever.Great,if you want to sit upright all the time. After time my back starts to ache. I don't think anybody has made a chair especially for PC Addicts. The company that designs a chair for PC users would make a motza in my opinion.All it has to be is like the BMW chair CGM showed us,high back,swivel and tilt, with arm rests, lower back support and padded as thick as the seat we saw.I don't think that is an impossible ask.IMHO.

DSTM.

I suspect so many of us have had the same sad experience as I too bought a brand new one and after about 45 minutes, my lower back starts to scream. Sigh.

Your are quite right, DSTM, it would seem at least one business is truly 'missing the boat' - if a furniture manufacturer took your advise and create a chair expressly for computer users, bet he or she would make a fortune! (Personally, I'd need one with all the comforts you described but much smaller than the one shown in photo).
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:48 PM

There are a few gaming chairs out there I found out for like 100 bucks but they sit on the ground sorta like a rocking chair but low to the floor. They look comfy.

#8 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:50 AM

DSTM.

I suspect so many of us have had the same sad experience as I too bought a brand new one and after about 45 minutes, my lower back starts to scream. Sigh.

Your are quite right, DSTM, it would seem at least one business is truly 'missing the boat' - if a furniture manufacturer took your advise and create a chair expressly for computer users, bet he or she would make a fortune! (Personally, I'd need one with all the comforts you described but much smaller than the one shown in photo).

Agree MaraM, that it shouldn't be so bulky.
Before some wise furniture manufacturer starts designing a prototype,there are two more additions, I would like to have built in.The first is to have the chair electrically move forward at the touch of a switch to use keyboard to post,and move back to browse at the right distance from the monitor.Secondly,where your head rests on the high back, it shoud be curved to support your head and neck,in the event one wants to lean back,close your eyes and digest what you have read.
I call it "Dreaming"zzzzzzzzzzz.......... :thumbsup:

DSTM.

Edited by DSTM, 21 November 2006 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users