Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPod my Photo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 spydma

spydma

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:41 PM

I saw this website: http://www.ipodmyphoto.com and though i want to design something like this with my photo so i used the Photoshop and created this, please post your comments ;)
:thumbsup:
(I guess I saved $19)
Posted Image

Edited by spydb.com, 23 December 2004 - 09:41 PM.

Spyrus free world is on your hand! Visit: http://www.spydb.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spydma

spydma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:42 PM

btw I don't have an IPOD (Santa.... please send me one) :thumbsup:

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:41 PM

It is quite impressive. Care to share some of your other Photoshop work in the images forum?

I am not very good at image manipulation, but if you are game, maybe you could post an image, and other members could modify it, as a challenge to out-do one another? Of course, you may have to start a new thread, but it could be interesting to see the different results. To make it easier for dial-up members, you may want to re-size the image to about half the size that you posted here. That would still be large enough to see detail, but not too big so that the page takes a while to load up.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

"I am not very good at image manipulation, but if you are game, maybe you could post an image, and other members could modify it, as a challenge to out-do one another?"

Sound fun im game I mean in!

I use GIMP and paint.

Lets go for it. But are we braking copywright laws by "manipulating" a image from a company like the APPLE ipod?

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:25 PM

That is a good question Cows.

Grinler may be able to confirm on this, but it is my understading that as long as you do not profit from such manipulation, then you are not breaking the law on imaging. In the case here, when you post an image, knowing that someone else will be manipulating it, and you have a problem with that, then you should not post it anyway. Once again Grinler has the final word on this, as it is his site.

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

No copyright violation, as such. There is an interesting article about some folks who actually are profiting by the generic feel of the apple ads and the fact people are happy about having the iPod as a thing they can own. Apple prolly don't want to sour the enthusiasm. They might sue. They might not. Who knows.

Once again Grinler has the final word on this, as it is his site.

It is Grinler's site, Jason. Not a bad question, CGM3.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:51 AM

Actually if a image is copyrighted there can be restrictions on where it is posted. As you said though most companies do not care, and actually promote it, as long as their logos are not being used in a slanderous way or to make profit from them. Branding is king and by getting your images out there its free advertisement. With that said, even though all content on this site belongs to bleeping computer, prior copyrights supercede my own.

So if apple has a copyright on an image, just because its posted here, does not give me copyright to it, because their copyright supercedes mine

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:14 AM

Does that mean its safe? Or ok.

#9 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:35 AM

With that said, even though all content on this site belongs to bleeping computer, prior copyrights supercede my own.

Would the little c with a circle around it constitute prior copyright in regards to any material posted by users?
For instance news articles, etc.? Or is it implied consent when a poster adds a log or advice, for instance? Just wondering.

I saw this website: http://www.ipodmyphoto.com and though i want to design something like this with my photo so i used the Photoshop and created this, please post your comments ;)

I like the SpyPod part. It's cute. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 24 December 2004 - 11:36 AM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:46 AM

Would the little c with a circle around it constitute prior copyright in regards to any material posted by users?
For instance news articles, etc.? Or is it implied consent when a poster adds a log or advice, for instance? Just wondering.

Anything posted technically becomes copyrighted to Bleeping Computer unless there is a prior copyright from another company. For example if someone copyrighted a particular formula, for example, you posting it here does not provide me copyright to that information.

News articles etc are most likely copyrighted back to the original authors, which is why we always link back to them in order to create fair use. Everything else belongs to BC.

#11 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

#12 spydma

spydma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

I just love my iPod :thumbsup:

Other than that... I just like to play around with MY OWN PICTURES apple cannot own me... also I bought my Own iPod (spyPod) So I guess i can use it in my own photos, i hope they can't bug me about it! What else... Photo editing is kind of different from the Original iPod Ad. So I guess they can't bug me about copyright thingy with me!!! May be I'll donate it to BleepingComputers ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users