Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Booster Program

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Does anyone have a program called PC Booster? If so how do you use it and what does it do? Thanks.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Hi socom,
I don't use it, but there are 2 favorable comments with some info on it here

ZDnet

Majorgeeks
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

I hope the PC Booster company is easy to work with. I just paid for the full version, got the confirmation but no program. I go to the configuration wizard and it says to uninstall and remove, I don't even have it installed but it shows that I paid for it. It runs the scan to check the computer then it says to "fix" buy. I already bought it but there's nothing to use. Not good.
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Well there site has 60 day $$$ back by Verisign .. see bottom of page.
http://www.inklineglobal.com/products/pcb/index.html

Sales and Tech Support

Edited by boopme, 18 November 2006 - 09:45 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Boopme...thanks. This has been more of a rant and rave but that download got me worked up. All it gave me was a bar at the bottom of the page that shows total memory and available memory. When I hit "optimize" it goes straight to their homepage and wants me to purchase. Oh well, that's enough. I sent them 4 emails already, I guess they'll get the point. See ya... :thumbsup:

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:14 AM

Don't bother with it. The free memory thing it does is pointless in Windows XP. It was useful in older versions of Windows which had some memory management problems, but Microsoft has fixed it already.

The other tweaks Microsoft has already done or you can do by hand for free. Many are very circumstantial if they'll help at all, and should only be applied in certain circumstances. Like emptying the prefetch folder makes the computer boot up faster but makes programs start slower.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

When they answer my email I think I will just get a refund.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:24 PM

Good idea
btw were you just looking to perk things up or is your pc slowing down, The latter being and indication of malware..

#9 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

Good idea
btw were you just looking to perk things up or is your pc slowing down, The latter being and indication of malware..

No, it hasn't slowed down. I just seen the Booster program and thought I'd try it. Earlier today I added another 512MB stick in the computer and removed the original 256MB.

#10 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

I emailed the people at PC Booster and decided to get a refund. It was confirmed so it should be taken care of. Thanks for the help guys.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

That's good ,Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users