Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Antivirus And Drwatson Conflict. Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 den48248

den48248

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

I recently bought Kaspersky antivirus and was really pleased but when I installed it things started to change. A lot of error messages started to appear on page saying that DrWatson wasn't working and do you want to send a message to microsoft. Then I uninstalled Kaspersky and everything was fine. When I tried the program again the same thing happened but this time it was PML driver. I read on somewhere else it was something to do twith the webcam but I uninstalled that software and it still happens.

Plz Help!!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

I am having the exact same problem- Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
Programs keep crashing and i am getting multiple instances of Drwatson which then crash as well resulting in a reboot.

Thanks

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,092 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

From Kasperksy Tech Support:

Sometimes installation of Kaspersky Lab products under MicroSoft Windows operating systems may cause Kaspersky Lab products, as well as other application on your computer crash. In this case to know the reasons of the cash send the following data to Kaspersky Lab Tech Support: detailed description of the problem, GetSystemInfo utility report, complete memory dump during the crash...In other cases Kaspersky Lab Tech Support experts need to get from you detailed description of the problem, GetSystemInfo utility report and file dump, created by Dr.Watson program.

You can read this information in the link...

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=17070...p;qid=170708714
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the reply.
After doing alot of googleing i came across a mention of a problem with logitek webcams. I've disabled mine and i think it may have cured it- If not, your solution will come into play.

Thankyou either way.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,092 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

Your welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

After doing alot of googleing i came across a mention of a problem with logitek webcams. I've disabled mine and i think it may have cured it- If not, your solution will come into play.

It's probably not a coincidence, but on the Zone Labs forum people who use version 7 of ZA Pro and Suite, with Kaspersky AV imbedded, have reported the logitec webcams conflict and the solution is indeed to disable it. So you should be ok now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users