Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp 11 Installation Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lifelonglufc

lifelonglufc

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:39 AM

I recently downloaded WMP11 to upgrade to, but when I start to install it it gets to about 23% installed and then my pc just restarts itself. I have tried downloading the file again but I get the same problem, does anyone have an idae as to why this is happening or how to fix it? Much Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

Do you have SP2 installed on the computer?
Have you been having a problem getting Windows Updates and have all updates subsequent to SP2 installed successfully?

To find out the above, go to Windows or Microsoft Updates and click "Review Update History" on the left side of the page. (You must use Internet Explorer to do this)

By the way, did you use Internet Explorer to download WMP11?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:28 PM

Do you meet the system requirements for WMP 11? Have you updated your device drivers to handle it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 lifelonglufc

lifelonglufc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:23 PM

Sorry for very very long time to reply and thanks for yours, ive been very busy of late!, but still have not found soultion to installing WMP 11. To answer your questions:

Yes I have SP2
All other Windows Updates were ok
Device Drivers fully upgraded
Meets System Requirements

But I didnt use IE to download it I used Firefox (v.1.0.5.7), would this cause the problem?
Because I have no ideas why it wont install

Any other ideas or soultions gratefully accepted, and thanks again for previous replies

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:12 PM

No problem with the delay - I've been busy also and am not here as much as I'd like!

The first thing that I'd try is another download of it (in case the original is corrupted).

BUT!!! - Be aware that there are issues with using WMP 11 with Firefox, and you'll have to do some work to enable viewing of videos in Firefox (I posted a link to "fix" at the Mozillazine forums about this recently).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 lifelonglufc

lifelonglufc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:35 AM

ok back again!

I tried another download of wmp11(with firefox), and same problem with installing it.
Then I uninstalled firefox, and used IE to download another one, but still same problem occurs.

Im really bummed out about it at this stage and have no other ideas as to whats going on or why it wont install.

I f you have any other ideas(any at all) or even better solutions! please let me know.

Thanks,
lll

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:05 PM

I'd suggest updating your sound and video drivers at this point. Also, check your Event Viewer for errors that may point out the exact driver that needs updating: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users