Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

favorites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:49 PM

just a very quick question...

i stumbled upon a "properties" type thing...and it let me alphabetize my favorites..but, of course, now i can't find it again. my entries are now just in order of adding them. i have found this twice...but it's been ages..and of course, now, when i WANT to find it, i can't. any ideas? i run xp. thanx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:22 PM

Hi!

Yeah I know how that is. If you posted to it here on bc you can hit in your control panel view posts I replied to or something and play search and find.

I cant remember 100% how it was done. I remember how it is done in start/programs but not on IE. I dont even use IE.

In firefox you can sort different ways. Just hit bookmarks and manage bookarks. You can do something similar in IE.

Sorry for the lack of help. If only I had the post....

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

Open IE and export your favourites. Then import them again. If it asks if you want to overwrite say yes. IE will line them back up again alphabetically.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 Slomoz

Slomoz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:03 PM

IE can be re-organizer alphabetically the same way as programs in the start menu.
You have to open Favorites using the bar up at the top of the page. File>Edit>View>FAVORITES>Tools>Help (Sorry, but I can't remember the name.)
Right click on any entry and then click on <Sort by name> in the context menu that pops up. If you need to organize within a folder you've created in Favorites, open Favorites from the same location, open the folder, right click on any entry within that folder and click <Sort by name>.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users