Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser hijack protection


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 polarbear

polarbear

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Location:Barrys Bay Ontario Canada
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

I am a regular member of another forum on the net but I took an interest in this one also.

In the recent past there seems to be a wild increase in browser hijacks. Hijack This is a wonderful tool for removal of the malware but what do we do once we have the system cleaned out?

Simple, download and install SpywareGuard and allow it to run in the background. Here is how it works.

When a browser hijacker tries to hijack your browser you will get a box such as the one below.

Posted Image

At this point you will have two options, restore the old value or keep the new value. 99.9% of the time you will want to keep the old value. The other 00.1% of the time that you will want to keep the new value is if you yourself change browser say from msn to google.

Very simple program. Since I have installed it on my system I have had no problems with hijacks. The warning has come up for a change made but it was just one simple click.

Here is the link to the site.....Enjoy

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


m



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users