Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Properly Boot Into Safe Mode.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kojiru

Kojiru

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

I dont know why, but when i tried to boot into it for the HJT spyware removal stuff. It would go up to the login screen, then restart on itself. It wont even let me click my user name...any idea of what to do?
"The silence of war is long remembered, but always forgotten." - Me

"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it." - Bear (.hack//sign)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

Do any of the options on the selection screen work? (Last known good configuration, Safe Mode with Networking, etc?)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Kojiru

Kojiru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

Yes, after it restarts on its own. It gives me all of those options and they work. Except for the safe mode, which it still restarts.

Edited by Kojiru, 19 November 2006 - 01:03 PM.

"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it." - Bear (.hack//sign)

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

So, you can get into Safe Mode with Networking - but not into Safe Mode? Curious!

Try this free, online scan to check out your system: http://safety.live.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Kojiru

Kojiru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:45 PM

I did what you asked, but i cant try safe mode today, just got back from stuff and have to go to bed, ill try it tomorrow when i have time and post my results.

#6 Kojiru

Kojiru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:59 PM

ok, its working now...ty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users